Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 18 - vs Bulldogs at SCG, 7:20 PM, Thursday 13 July 2023

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

Personally, I’m worried about Darcy coming in for Lobb. Lobb is bog average, and Darcy is a generational talent who will pop soon enough. Let’s hope it is not tomorrow night.
    I'd prefer Lobb to play too. Agree with your assessment of him. But I expect Darcy will play back. Dogs are a bit light on for tall defenders at the moment and we have up to four of them for their defence to contend with (including the ruck/forward duo).

Not a fan of wicks, id see Dyl, Rankin etc before him

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    They’ve brought Darcy in because he’s kicked 7 goals in the past 2 VFL matches playing the forward-second ruck role that Lobb has been doing in the seniors. Even though Bevo has a real penchant for shifting the magnets around on the whiteboard I’d be surprised if Darcy plays back

Especially when they do have 3 tall defenders in Keath Gardner and O’Donnell. It may not be their first choices but they do have the height to fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Season done so rewarding good VFL performances. Have to finish with a top 4 draft pick or the season is wasted
    Normally yes, but not Wicks as far as I’m concerned. However, I am prepared to see how he goes this week. He went well in the ressies last week but his form in the seniors this year has been forgettable, but in fairness he was injured for quite some time. My main gripe is that I don’t see him as part of our future so I wouldn’t be playing him. I know Horse and we as supporters want to win against the Fairypups, but let’s face it, they have a top 4 spot to play for against our pride.

Bottom line: I would have brought in HHK even if he hasn’t been banging the door down. Now is the time to give the kids a go- I’ll accept 15th spot this year with a view to improvement from 2024 onwards.

2 of the 4 Wicks kicked were lucky at the end of a play

Im off him, he is what he is, hit his ceiling

Maybe it’s Wicks’ last chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Maybe it’s Wicks’ last chance?
    Unless like Wilbur, he has a thing on Horse!😊

Rampe is keen for a win in Longmire's 300th game.

'Not just a coach': How Horse has connected Swans ahead of game 300 - 'Not just a coach': How John 'Horse' Longmire has connected Sydney Swans ahead of game 300

Regular in the Side
    when will JL and rest of selectors evr learn. English wil have a field day, hayden is a fwd who maybe can pinch hit in the ruck but is not now and never will be a first/main ruckman same for Amerty, clearance will go dogs way significantly. Get big mac into the side leave him in the team for the rest of the year. Missing sheldrick wont help as well

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    when will JL and rest of selectors evr learn. English wil have a field day, hayden is a fwd who maybe can pinch hit in the ruck but is not now and never will be a first/main ruckman same for Amerty, clearance will go dogs way significantly. Get big mac into the side leave him in the team for the rest of the year. Missing sheldrick wont help as well
    It’s easier to rove to the opposition ruckman knowing you will lose the ruck contest than to rove to your own ruckman who wins 30% of the time and not always effective taps to position

While most will say our season is done, Horse is a competitor and while we’re a mathematical chance, he’s likely to select based on best side, not blooding for the future

Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    It’s easier to rove to the opposition ruckman knowing you will lose the ruck contest than to rove to your own ruckman who wins 30% of the time and not always effective taps to position

While most will say our season is done, Horse is a competitor and while we’re a mathematical chance, he’s likely to select based on best side, not blooding for the future
    Good points but they did decide to bring Corey in. I would still have Dyl before Wicks, even at HF as Wicks is not best 22, irrelevant of last week ressies form.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Agreed, another poor night at the selection table, it’s almost like they open a bottle of red and pull names out of a hat

Despite his size, McClean just isn’t a ruck, not even a back up. Amartey is better but putting him No 1 is a big call

Missed opportunity to get some game time into McAndrew, I expect English will get 3 votes tonight

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast