Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy retires

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    It's been a privilege to watch Lance 'Buddy' Franklin play football in Sydney. He has been a great player for the team, a huge asset for AFL in the city and through all the hype and hyperbole, he's been modest, down to earth and from all accounts, a generous, friendly and considerate man to fans and team mates alike.

Congratulations on a wonderful career Buddy. Thank you for coming to Sydney. Thanks for making AFL in Sydney such a great experience. Enjoy your retirement and best of luck in your future endeavours.
    Nice words. Yes to all of that.

As Bruce said at the end of the classic 2017 game vs the Bombers, "how lucky we are".

A sad day indeed. A fantastic career to celebrate.

Thanks for everything Bud.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apparently a 3pm press conference. And yes, like others, find myself strangely emotional. We've been truly blessed to watch him play.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

What a champion player has been a privilege to watch him play

Thanks Bud,

Father time has arrived and agree what a ride.

Well done!

Senior Player
    I think anybody who has been following the great game for a while knows just how cool it was to rock up to a game and see the
    great man strutting his stuff for most of the last ten years for us. And by all reports he is a pretty decent chap as well and that
    counts for something I reckon. We've done pretty well I think with big time forwards in Buddy and Plugger, two of the most
    mesmerizing players to ever play the game. I will miss seeing him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Apparently a 3pm press conference. And yes, like others, find myself strangely emotional. We've been truly blessed to watch him play.
    It is like losing a family member. That said, many terrific memories.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Everyone will have their fave Buddy moments, but this is always one of mine.

The top of table clash against Port in 2014 when he kicked five. Everyone remembers the bomb from 70m, but I reckon the next goal he kicked, dancing round a few and then going bang from 50, was even better. Had a great view of it from our seats too. Just shake your head stuff.

SwansTV: Buddy highlights v Port Adelaide R13 - YouTube
    Can remember it like it was yesterday. The atmosphere at the ground was electric

Regular in the Side
    remakable how lose the numbers are bwteen swans and hawks (9 years hawks, 10swans), 182 games hawks 172 swans, 475 goals hawks 51 the biggest defferential) for swans What agreat player only one better for swans in my eyes was RJ Skilton but newveretheless a great swans.

Been a wonderful player. The best ever probably. He will automatically go into the AFL Hall of Fame as a Legend.

When a player starts to get niggles every week it is a sign the end is near. This week would be a good time for our young forwards to put on an exhibition for Bud

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Goes up to 11
    Thanks Buddy.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    He's an amazing talent. The fact he was at the top of the game for so long only reinforces what a special player he is. So many talented sports people go on to waste their natural ability but Bud never took his opportunity for granted. We have just witnessed one of the all time greats. Cheers Bud.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast