Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 2024 Pre Season

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    I just noticed our VFL side kicked 3 goals for the whole game against Brisbane seconds side. Obviously if we get lots of injuries the next level of players will not be up to the standard.
    It was 7.7 (49) to 0.1 (0) at halftime. Finished 12.11 (83) to 3.10 (28). Only lost by a goal in the second half.Brisbane too strong for young VFL side

Mate, don't come to any judgement about the VFL side from today's game. There are a total of 33 players either playing in tonight's game, being tested as well as Mills and Parker who are injured. I think the VFL side will do much better this coming season. So don't lose hope

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Carlton were poor in last night's trial game but I thought Melbourne were impressive. Fast and slick ball movement, took over 20 FF marks! I noticed the pressure rating all game wasn't very high from either side.

Gawn ominously BOG, Clarry Oliver played a full reserves game so wouldn't surprise to see him against us next week but Kosi Pickett is suspended from the QF last season.
    The Grundy v Gawn head to head will be worth the price of admission alone!

Veterans List
    Before the match has even started, the power has gone out at the ground and the players are heading off. The reaction from Longmire on the bench with Mills when he saw the power go out was funny.

They showed footage of the VFL players sitting in the stands and I noticed Paddy McCartin sitting with them. I've read that he has been sighted at training, so I wonder what role he has at the club.

Edit: And now there's a small snake on the ground!

Veterans List
    Lights are back on...game will start 7:40pm.

And snake has been caught!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728