Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Reid that is.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    He was providing a target and atleast being competitive- he did a lot right I reckon

- - - Updated - - -

Ladhams we need to trade him

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    would not get too excited about Adams joining the senior side. Just a average game with some discipline issues. Ladhams is an enigma. Did some nice things and did some incredible stupid things. Not once did we see a forward lead and take a chest mark thanks to a good kick upfield. We need to rid Sydney of this coach we have. Maybe bring McVeigh into the role?

Ladhams a 50 metre penalty - again!

A bit disappointing to lose, with the day being a case of plenty of good things and plenty of bad things.

Adams played for about two and a half quarters, and was busy with 18 possessions and 11 tackles. However, the double free kicks and double goals that he gave away, was probably the turning point of the match. I didn't see the second one, so I don't want to hang him out to dry too much, but I doubt the coaches would have been happy. Sort of similar was Cleary. He was very competitive around the ball and got plenty of clearances, but didn't hit too many targets going forward. Although I suspect that he'll only improve with experience. Also in the middle, I thought that McAndrew rucked well and his pressuring of the opposition mids is improving. However, he needs to provide more when in the forward line.

Speaking of ruckmen, if Ladhams ever gets to kick another AFL goal at the SCG, I recommend that the PA plays Paul Kelly's Dumb Things. Probably a few times today, he snuffed out our momentum, by doing stuff that he really shouldn't be doing. While our other ruck, Green, showed some good signs, without getting hugely involved.

In defence, Magor had plenty of involvement and generally uses the ball well. And while Snell didn't get many possessions, I thought he had a pretty good game. He seemed to spend a fair bit of time matched up on live wire medium forward, Cumberland, and kept him quiet. He also did well when on the much bigger Koschitzske. Edwards had some good moments and Francis was good in defence early, but was less effective when switched forward to replace Reid. Although, the service wasn't that good. On Reid, the commentators were claiming that he was being managed, so hopefully that's the case, rather than another injury.

Lots of other players had some decent involvements and generally the effort was good, but overall, Richmond were more cohesive when moving the ball out of defence and hurting us on the break.

Veterans List
    Disappointing to read the comments about Ladhams. I thought from all the positive pre season reports that he may have turned the corner.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Disappointing to read the comments about Ladhams. I thought from all the positive pre season reports that he may have turned the corner.
    Unfortunately after turning that corner, Mensa has then turned another 3 corners - which means he is is now heading back the way he was going, towards oblivion.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 2nd April 2024 at 02:59 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    A bit disappointing to lose, with the day being a case of plenty of good things and plenty of bad things.

Adams played for about two and a half quarters, and was busy with 18 possessions and 11 tackles. However, the double free kicks and double goals that he gave away, was probably the turning point of the match. I didn't see the second one, so I don't want to hang him out to dry too much, but I doubt the coaches would have been happy. Sort of similar was Cleary. He was very competitive around the ball and got plenty of clearances, but didn't hit too many targets going forward. Although I suspect that he'll only improve with experience. Also in the middle, I thought that McAndrew rucked well and his pressuring of the opposition mids is improving. However, he needs to provide more when in the forward line.

Speaking of ruckmen, if Ladhams ever gets to kick another AFL goal at the SCG, I recommend that the PA plays Paul Kelly's Dumb Things. Probably a few times today, he snuffed out our momentum, by doing stuff that he really shouldn't be doing. While our other ruck, Green, showed some good signs, without getting hugely involved.

In defence, Magor had plenty of involvement and generally uses the ball well. And while Snell didn't get many possessions, I thought he had a pretty good game. He seemed to spend a fair bit of time matched up on live wire medium forward, Cumberland, and kept him quiet. He also did well when on the much bigger Koschitzske. Edwards had some good moments and Francis was good in defence early, but was less effective when switched forward to replace Reid. Although, the service wasn't that good. On Reid, the commentators were claiming that he was being managed, so hopefully that's the case, rather than another injury.

Lots of other players had some decent involvements and generally the effort was good, but overall, Richmond were more cohesive when moving the ball out of defence and hurting us on the break.
    Snell looks good based on two games. Sticks to his job relentlessly and makes good decisions.

As for Sam, unfortunately the AFL website is saying quad. And with Sam, we know what that likely means …
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Snell looks good based on two games. Sticks to his job relentlessly and makes good decisions.

As for Sam, unfortunately the AFL website is saying quad. And with Sam, we know what that likely means …
    On limited evidence, I'm starting to think that we've done well with Snell. I've been pleasantly surprised by his pace and agility for an 194cm defender. So I had a look at his draft profile. It lists those attributes as his strengths, as well as his leap, but apparently his kicking is a bit hit and miss. It also said that he only switched to defence in his draft year. So, he seems to be a quick learner, as well.

Snell
    i like
    I heard his nickname is "CK"

cause he snells good
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

Is Snell another Alex Johnson?

Coaches votes for the game. Cleary continues to do well at VFL level. While one of our VFL recruits, Ben Edwards got four votes. He seems quite a tough inside mid.

9 Kane McAuliffe (RIC)
    5 Caiden Cleary (SYD)
    5 Chad Harris (RIC)
    5 Sam Naismith (RIC)
    4 Ben Edwards (SYD)
    1 Austin Johnson (RIC)
    1 Jaiden Magor (SYD)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Is Snell another Alex Johnson?
    A bit early to tell, but now that you mentioned it, there is a bit of similarly in their game style. If he gets a surprise debut in place of Rampe, the answer might be yes.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast