Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
Sorry Ludwig but he hasn't proven he cna actually cut it against AFL players. Even in the NAB he was ordinary. when it comes to stepping up he just doesn't make the cut. I have seen him play three NAB now. His first was ok, second ordinary and this last very ordinary. the risk the coaches would take with him would be enormous. At least Robbo showed he could cut it at senior level in the NAB. He has also played pretty well in a tagging/minder role this season.

I don't really think Marsh has the ability to stop a player and hurt them on the way back. His numbers tell me that. His averages are just that average. While he has done the job on the best smaller forwards in the comp he doesn't get much ball himself generally. When moved into the mids he isn't a star and doesn't hit more than about 20 disposals generally. I think he is a big risk at AFL level. I'd have Davis or Newman in well before him.
There is a real dilemma here for the coaches, there is a lot of talent on the rookie list and most of it is in defence. Any more injuries and Melican might be key, same height and weight as Talia and has footy smarts. With only one LTIL spot available it makes it hard to decide on elevating Marsh, Newman and even O'Riordon who is going gangbusters given his short exposure to the game. Davis is the easy answer in the short term given he is already on the senior list.