Time until footy is dragging so I thought I would get this conversation started.

Is it 26 man squads again to interchange during the game via an extended bench? Last time around Lloyd, Leonardis and Ronke got the late chop, so I'm tipping them to get a game this time around. Sinclair, Tower, Franklin and Rampe are due to return from injury. Presumably also Macca, Kizza, Reg and AA. Hayward also missed out last time but I don't know how his foot injury is tracking. So that means finding up to 12 players to turf out of last rounds squad of 26 to make room.

I think Murray and Fisher will be among the casualties. The other omissions could be revealing because it could tell us who is seriously in the mix as a possible AFL Round 1 selection. Will they choose Fox, Edwards, Florent, Foote, Robbo, BJ, COR, Harry C again? Ditto Talia, Melican and Maibaum (one of whom might have a chance at a spot in our 22 for Round 1 as the 2nd tall). Presumably they will rest a couple of the best 22 for this match, but who? You'd think they lean towards resting the more senior players (like Macca, Kizza, Reg, Buddy, Ramps last time). So: Smith? Parker? Hanners? Plus either Cameron or Tip will give way for Sinclair. Maybe they will give Tip a game off and have another look at Cameron? Do we think they will keep playing Heeney, Mills and Jones through the JLT series or will they give them a game off too?

Can we expect anything from Henry Playfair in the coaching box? I have no idea. I don't think he's done it before. Interesting that they overlooked Stuey Dew, John Blakey and Josh Francou. I guess Dew (and maybe Blakey?) have done it before so it was H's and Kirky's turn since they are next most senior.

I hope I can make it to the game. I will be driving back to Sydney from Canberra that evening so isn't too inconvenient.

Your thoughts?