Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    The video ANALYSIS: Stevie J staring at ban for Kennedy hit - AFL.com.au shows four angles. It's clear there is contact and when all four angles are taken in context, contact with the elbow. That would have to be an intentional striking charge, surely? If Stevie J's 2015 suspension is taken into account, he's gone for three weeks. Anything less, those on the MRP should never participate again.

Mummy is tricky. I agree with the assessment that on vision and Tippett's immediate condition, there's probably a fine in it. But, if Tippett's jaw is broken, and it's from that sling tackle, Mummy will have to get 1-2.

Hilarious how they gloss over the Lewis punch in the Hawks Cats game. Lewis did exactly the same a few weeks earlier and got off.
    I'm not defending Lewis - he's a dirty underhanded player. However, his punch in the Hawks/Cats game was not hard enough to do any damage. He merely intended to agitate - and was successful.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Attachment 1621
    Roid Rage
    In this shot, Johnson looks like he has a few mental health 'issues' that go beyond your average 'white line fever'......at least some 'anger management' issues, besides being a dirty sniper......

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    It looked like Dean Towers was our tackling coach on Saturday, every player wearing red and white were imitating turnstiles!
    I thought we tackled poorly too. GWS players simply broke out of tackles. That combines with our general lack of pressure on the ball carrier was telling.

Interesting article on AFL about the umpires needing start paying free kicks for punches off the ball.

Hawk needs protection from off-the-ball hits: Burgoyne - AFL.com.au

I say this because I heard from someone close to the medical staff that one of our players couldnt take his full compliment of fluids at half time because the combined impact of multiple punches to his stomach in the first half were so severe that he couldnt hold down fluids. According to the medical staff the first punch occurred in front of of an umpire, and the umpire saw it directly. The Swans player appealed for a free (I remember seeing this at the game), but was told 'there was nothing in it' by that umpire. Following that, for plays where that umpire was in charge, the stomach punches during stoppages and at the bottom of packs escalated as the Giants were effectively handed a green light to do so by that umpire. The combined impact of low fluids and heavily bruised stomach caused that player to not perform at their peak in the second half.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    In this shot, Johnson looks like he has a few mental health 'issues' that go beyond your average 'white line fever'......at least some 'anger management' issues, besides being a dirty sniper......
    There might be some history between Buddy and Johnson - given the hawks / Geelong rivalry prior to both changing clubs

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He should seriously look at this picture and hang his head in shame.
    In my experience, the type of person who does this, has the personality of a total jerk.
    Yes, I know it's a final, but this is just not warranted.
    I wonder if he carries on like this in front of his wife and kids?
    Just. Not. Warranted.

I L.O.V.E. love how our boys didn't take the bait.
    Such class.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I wouldn't get too worked up about Steve Johnson. If he gets a week suspension and GWS lose their prelim his career is probably over, as I understand GWS are
    unlikely to give him another year. As well as he has gone for them this year, they've got too many younger players coming through that they want to hold onto.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    Interesting article on AFL about the umpires needing start paying free kicks for punches off the ball.

Hawk needs protection from off-the-ball hits: Burgoyne - AFL.com.au

I say this because I heard from someone close to the medical staff that one of our players couldnt take his full compliment of fluids at half time because the combined impact of multiple punches to his stomach in the first half were so severe that he couldnt hold down fluids. According to the medical staff the first punch occurred in front of of an umpire, and the umpire saw it directly. The Swans player appealed for a free (I remember seeing this at the game), but was told 'there was nothing in it' by that umpire. Following that, for plays where that umpire was in charge, the stomach punches during stoppages and at the bottom of packs escalated as the Giants were effectively handed a green light to do so by that umpire. The combined impact of low fluids and heavily bruised stomach caused that player to not perform at their peak in the second half.
    I understand why they changed the MRP / suspension system this year for minor issues but I think the tummy tap syndrome has gotten out of hand. For next season I think it should be an automatic one week suspension for anyone who deliberately hits someone in the stomach - two weeks if it is above minimum force. These actions are almost always entirely deliberate and would be wiped out in an instant if players knew they would lose a week. They may look minor but the possibility to impact an opponent's capacity to perform, even if only for a few minutes, isn't trivial. I'd much rather see players get suspended for this, that for a split second late spoil where they accidentally clip a player (though the reckless end of the scale needs to be attended to, too).

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    I saw this and was ropable with the ump on top of all the other little things that help sway the game towards the team that the AFL wants to win.

I am beside myself today, really really angry at what I perceive blatant bastardy and organised corruption from the AFL, namely Mike Fitzpatrick. Now a lot of you might think otherwise because the AFL suckers everyone cause we all love our clubs, but i am making this bold statement:

The swans will not win a flag with Lance Franklin in the side, ever, period. The only way we can legitimately win a flag is if Mike Fitzpatrick is removed, until that happens we can be minor premiers, we can be the best side all year but when it comes to finals we are never ever going to go far.

I can safely say it, especially after the terrible remarks by Mike @@@@zpatrick on Saturday.

Saturday was a repeat performance of the GF. The hawks were allowed to go hard for the first 15-20 mins of that game which left a lot of our players in a daze. The umps didnt give us one inch of respect that first quarter. Look at the way Brian Lake almost ripped Buddies head off, look at the way Hanners was targeted.

It almost feels lie, i dunno, El Patron, Mike @@@@zpatrick, told the umps to allow our opposition to go in hard and to let it go. Yet we were penalised for minor things.

The same happened on the weekend. Non paid marks, HTB when it wasn't there, countless sniping from GWS players, mummy claiming during the week that he will go out and hurt players and then breaking one of our players jaw with an illegal tackle, Johnson concussing another one of our important players plus a plethora of non calls to them.

And the most likely scenario will be both Johnson and Mumford will get off.

Now does anybody know if the swans are going to actually say anything or are we going to lay down and cop it sweet, like always?

Now i know we like to think of our club as professional and above bastardy, but thats two times we have been bullied into submission without any help from the umps and twice we have fallen over. Enough is enough, its time to crack heads and get tough. In this @@@@ world arseholes always win and being noble gets you no where.

I wont for one second acknowledge GWS at all. Bunch of millenials with too much confidence and like all millenials everything is given to them on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I wouldn't get too worked up about Steve Johnson. If he gets a week suspension and GWS lose their prelim his career is probably over, as I understand GWS are
    unlikely to give him another year. As well as he has gone for them this year, they've got too many younger players coming through that they want to hold onto.
    Of course... but I'd like to see him end his career in suspension, rather than with a medal around his neck.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    I saw this and was ropable with the ump on top of all the other little things that help sway the game towards the team that the AFL wants to win.

I am beside myself today, really really angry at what I perceive blatant bastardy and organised corruption from the AFL, namely Mike Fitzpatrick. Now a lot of you might think otherwise because the AFL suckers everyone cause we all love our clubs, but i am making this bold statement:

The swans will not win a flag with Lance Franklin in the side, ever, period. The only way we can legitimately win a flag is if Mike Fitzpatrick is removed, until that happens we can be minor premiers, we can be the best side all year but when it comes to finals we are never ever going to go far.

I can safely say it, especially after the terrible remarks by Mike @@@@zpatrick on Saturday.

Saturday was a repeat performance of the GF. The hawks were allowed to go hard for the first 15-20 mins of that game which left a lot of our players in a daze. The umps didnt give us one inch of respect that first quarter. Look at the way Brian Lake almost ripped Buddies head off, look at the way Hanners was targeted.

It almost feels lie, i dunno, El Patron, Mike @@@@zpatrick, told the umps to allow our opposition to go in hard and to let it go. Yet we were penalised for minor things.

The same happened on the weekend. Non paid marks, HTB when it wasn't there, countless sniping from GWS players, mummy claiming during the week that he will go out and hurt players and then breaking one of our players jaw with an illegal tackle, Johnson concussing another one of our important players plus a plethora of non calls to them.

And the most likely scenario will be both Johnson and Mumford will get off.

Now does anybody know if the swans are going to actually say anything or are we going to lay down and cop it sweet, like always?

Now i know we like to think of our club as professional and above bastardy, but thats two times we have been bullied into submission without any help from the umps and twice we have fallen over. Enough is enough, its time to crack heads and get tough. In this @@@@ world arseholes always win and being noble gets you no where.

I wont for one second acknowledge GWS at all. Bunch of millenials with too much confidence and like all millenials everything is given to them on a silver platter.
    Of course the swans are going to sit back at take it... that's what they're good at.
    If we DO say something, we get fined.

Welcome to the I hate the blacktown bogans club.

I will never put money into their pocket... even if we play them at home 10 times in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Of course the swans are going to sit back at take it... that's what they're good at.
    If we DO say something, we get fined.

Welcome to the I hate the blacktown bogans club.

I will never put money into their pocket... even if we play them at home 10 times in one year.
    They are not even Blacktown, they are just the AFLs team which has investment from the chairman. He basically owns half of the team FFS.

If both Mumford and Johnston get off and the swans do nothing about it I am going to loose my @@@@.

I am sick and tried of this crap, pre buddy and tippo everyone loved us, the code was easy to support. Since the 2012 flag a fair few things have tainted this sport and I am just waiting for one last flag before i end my membership and stop supporting both the swans and the code.

I am not going to pour my money and time towards a code that is fixed. If the AFL wants to be FIFA lite 2.0 and Mike fitzpatrick wants to be sepp blatter, then they can steal money from stupid Richmond supporters for all i care they are not getting one more cent from me.

As for GWS they dont know the backlash that will hit them once they win 2 flags. How could the AFL allow it, how?!

I am normally OK after a loss, but the weekends game was engineered for one result only from the outset and that was a GWS win. Which other code makes the team who finishes 1st play on a neutral ground because profit????