Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Match Thread: Swans v GWS at SCG

Had to work today , cant wait to watch it when I get home .
    How was the crowd number ?

Regular in the Side
    3 - Warner 2- Grundy 1 - Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Just over 40,000. Which was damn impressive in the weather.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What a big boy pants performance. Just ruthless, and brilliant. Too tough for too long. Easily our best performance of the year.

You could make a BOG case for any of Chad, Heeney, Grundy and Gulden - though I could just as easily give it to Rampe for his work behind the ball and steering our defence around. What a player he is. And Wilbur was really switched on for his great mate’s 150th.

We will miss McCartin but the way the rest of the defence stood up was special.

And boy is Horse producing some coaching performances this year. He just nailed everything today, from sending Jordan to Whitfield, stripping them of their spare behind the ball, and I suspect, slowly winding the boys up perfectly during the week.

There’s a looooooooooooong way to go, but right now, I’m a believer.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Enjoy my friend
    Trying first half
    All chocolates and strawberries second half

I’m really enjoying the Chad last qtr in the one on one FF role like Martin, Heeney, Danger have done over the years

Great skill building for finals times and the ability to bust match ups and scoreboards in tight games

Senior Player
    Cannot find one negative from todays performance, top marks for everyone from the boot studder to the senior coach

How good was the Chad? 😍

That was a statement win, as simple as that. Yes they lost their best midfielder, but we lost our no 1 defender as well - yet still kept them to just 5 goals after quarter time. Rampe was huge for us down back - we need him fit and firing, as his leadership of that group is up there with the very best.

Going to be tough to back it up next week against the hot and cold Dockers off another 6 day turnaround. 3 very important weeks coming up for us. If we can go 2-1 and turn at no worse than 9-2 at the turn, we then get a really good break period (2 1/2 weeks courtesy of playing the Fairypuppies on the Thursday, then the Cats on a Sunday), and reload for the second half of the season. We don't have many obvious 'gimmes' on paper left in the draw, but we should be taking the mantra 'anywhere, anytime', as that's what you must do as an interstate team to win the flag.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Great 4 quarter performance from the whole team.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Our recruiters deserve a vote today.

Getting Grundy and Adams in gives us grunt that frees up Chad and Gulden beautifully. Chad in particular was getting cramped for space and pulled inside last year. He’s so explosive that he only needs an extra half a yard and our set now gives him that. And Jordon being able to tag - as well as being so clean - means we’re not effectively playing one man down at the contest by asking Rowie to play so defensively and whilst he’s still a tackling beast, his contested and clearance work have improved substantially now he can focus on the ball more than the man.
    Last edited by i'm-uninformed2; 4th May 2024 at 06:44 PM.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Agree

I’ve found Path very clunky and off the flow we have been exhibiting last two seasons

Well…….not today.

2nd half of the game he really got in the trenches where he his best and did very well

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That was a statement win, as simple as that. Yes they lost their best midfielder, but we lost our no 1 defender as well - yet still kept them to just 5 goals after quarter time. Rampe was huge for us down back - we need him fit and firing, as his leadership of that group is up there with the very best.

Going to be tough to back it up next week against the hot and cold Dockers off another 6 day turnaround. 3 very important weeks coming up for us. If we can go 2-1 and turn at no worse than 9-2 at the turn, we then get a really good break period (2 1/2 weeks courtesy of playing the Fairypuppies on the Thursday, then the Cats on a Sunday), and reload for the second half of the season. We don't have many obvious 'gimmes' on paper left in the draw, but we should be taking the mantra 'anywhere, anytime', as that's what you must do as an interstate team to win the flag.
    Great win, stifled them

JMAC very underrated

Amartey has to go, making a mockery of match committee, Parker has to come in, a bit to think about.

Docker off 5 days, they play tomorrow at the G

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast