Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 at the SCG

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Round 3 at the SCG

Have booked airline tickets to Sydney to see our Round 3 game so I can say goodbye and thanks to Goodesy. (And Mike!)

Just wondering if any other Melbourne based RWOers are making the trip.

I am in Sydney that weekend and plan on going.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We (self and mrs d) will be there too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Should be a full house I'd imagine. Hopefully we get some good weather!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Opti-pessi-misti
    I am flying in from Tassie, direct flight on Saturday morning. Have never been to the SCG. Have been a few times to the MCG but with its huge capacity and the fact that Swans' games don't attract vast crowds I have just rocked up on the day and purchased a general admission ticket. I suspect that that would not be a wise strategy for this particular game at the SCG!

Long Term Injury List
    I'm travelling up and bringing my Dad. He decided a year or so ago (he's now 87) that he was past all the travel, etc. for a weekend to watch the games and my Mum can't travel at all now. But I was determined to get him up for this game.
    I guessed that it would be the round three game but called the club about six weeks ago to see if I was correct in my thinking and explained why I needed to know early. They couldn't tell me at the time due to, planning, press releases, etc. but told me that if I wanted to bring my dad up for a game in 2016 that would be the "perfect" one to choose!
    I'm just worried now that it will be a sell out and not an easy task to get tickets for the game.

Really looking forward to travelling up to Sydney and going to the SCG next week with most of the family. Love that place.

How early do you think we need to arrive to get good GA seats close to the fence to register our love for and thanks to the great man?

To Jenny at the Swans membership services office (if you're reading): Do you think, the game will sell out? As we also need to make sure we get in to GA using our Vic Gold memberships.

Is there a ressies game before hand?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Is there a ressies game before hand?
    There is a ressies game but it's at Henson Park at 12pm.

Long Term Injury List
    I have two upgraded concession tickets in the Brewongle stand which I no longer need. I will still be at the game but not using these seats (long story!). If anyone would like them, please pm me. I don't want the seats to go to waste. First in best dressed.

Senior Player
    Just in case it hasn't been mentioned somewhere, or someone needs to know, I've been advised by the club that the lap of honour for Adam and Mike will take place at half time not before the match. I couldn't quite remember how these things worked historically so I thought I'd check.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Really pleased the lap of honour will be during the half-time break. They are often held before the game when the stadium is only a third-full which is a real downer for the atmosphere and tribute to the player/s.

Senior Player
    I will have to split my attention between the Lap of honour and my son playing half time Auskick. At least my son is going to get a lot of applause for his heroic efforts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast