Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season - Will the Swans be serious?

Pre Season - Will the Swans be serious?

Ok, given previous years, I would have implied that the Swans have taken a junior side into the preseason games and have a go. And it seems that this plan has not worked well in recent history, as we have not gone past the first round... It did work for the years game plan, however not very interesting for the pre season cup...

Now we are playing two fledgling sides. Seaby and Braddy in the side... Horse will probably want to win his first game.. Therefore, I believe that we may advance to the next round of the pre season cup this year..? What do you think?

I guess we will see on the 19th and how long the first players are on the ground..

Rod_

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    we have not gone past the first round...
    Did you miss last year?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Did you miss last year?
    This leads us back to the great existential question that has plagued Swans fans since 2002 "If you didn't see the Swans win a NAB Cup match, did it happen at all?"

The way the format works (6 groups, top team in each group + the 2 best placed 2nd teams go through to the quarters) means we can lose one of the 2 games and still qualify for the next stage. I'll be surprised if we don't beat GWS given they are basically, at this stage of their existence, a junior team with a handful of mature age players. GC will be tougher but at this early stage reports suggest that Ablett, Harbrow and Krakouer won't play.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    GC will be tougher but at this early stage reports suggest that Ablett, Harbrow and Krakouer won't play.
    However, they will be coming in on fresh legs and we'll have already played one game. Could make a difference.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    However, they will be coming in on fresh legs and we'll have already played one game. Could make a difference.
    Which makes the decision to only allow the side playing the first and third games (GC) to make unlimited changes and the other sides (Swans and GWS) only 3 changes (i.e. only from the named emergencies) even more baffling.

This is a game I'd like to see them lose.
    I don't care about the ansett cup.
    We've got (potentially) too much to lose by winning.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Hey there Annie,

Not sure I see the logic in your post as no matter whether we win or lose, our boys will still be playing and with that comes risk of injury. At least by winning the Swannies would at least play on better fields.

I always believe that winning form is good form.
    Swannies for life!

Look these guys are super competitive even in practice. I doubt very much they would ever NOT take it seriously, BUT they will play some of the kiddies, and some of the kiddies are only 18 yo, and about 65kg ringing wet (ok I exagerate but you get my drift) and I doubt you would get to see the Runners (Smiffy, Mumms, Jesse perhaps, Braddy, Seaby, Spangher, Bolton C, LRT) and some of the old guys such as Jude, Peb, Tadgh, etc. Adam is playing this Sat night in the All Stars, we don't know if Jetts is involved as well - after a big game, maybe they would be rested.

Its probably going to be stinking hot, but they are and have been training in tough conditions at present so....dunno

Twill be interesting.
    Last edited by Primmy; 31st January 2011 at 11:04 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Gold Coast are equal favourites (along with WC) to take out the wooden spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Gold Coast are equal favourites (along with WC) to take out the wooden spoon.
    Gotta go and put a grand on the budgies!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Hey there Annie,

Not sure I see the logic in your post as no matter whether we win or lose, our boys will still be playing and with that comes risk of injury. At least by winning the Swannies would at least play on better fields.

I always believe that winning form is good form.
    I know, it helps getting them "real" game ready and all that, and we have no choice but to play the ansett cup.
    I'd rather watch them warm up for the season as we do every year ... under the radar!!
    (The beauty of living in an NRL state!!)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I think we should lose the intraclub trial on the 11th too.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast