Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reserves Grand Final

Blog Entries
    Got there late (15 min mark qtr 2) and did not stay for the medals. Malceski broke it open with 2 goals in the first 5 mins of qtr 4. First after 4 bounces running through the middle, second was a great snap. Probaby enough to give him BOG though Schaubs was t'riffic.

Vogels hurt his hip, was on he bench when we goit there and staryed there. J McV has what looked a lot like a broken leg. Malceski finishe don the bench with a thigh/hamstring? problem.

Was a bruising encounter, a very good match, and a well earned victory to the boys.

Draft Scout
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Got there late (15 min mark qtr 2) and did not stay for the medals. Malceski broke it open with 2 goals in the first 5 mins of qtr 4. First after 4 bounces running through the middle, second was a great snap. Probaby enough to give him BOG though Schaubs was t'riffic.

Vogels hurt his hip, was on he bench when we goit there and staryed there. J McV has what looked a lot like a broken leg. Malceski finishe don the bench with a thigh/hamstring? problem.

Was a bruising encounter, a very good match, and a well earned victory to the boys.
    Schauble is probably the front runner then, if Vogels , McVeigh and Malceski are injured
    Staying ahead of the game...

Warming the Bench Refried Noodle's Avatar
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Malceski finishe don the bench with a thigh/hamstring? problem.
    He looked fine after the game.

Was also a deserving Alex Jesaulenko medalist.

Umpiring was of a 'reserve' quality, if you think that the AFL is over the top with being pinged for holding the ball, you'd be amazed by this lot.

If anyone wants some (digital) photos for a review I can email some through. PM me.

Got some good shots of the whole team with the trophy.

One down, one to go!
    That's the problem with modern day medicine - there's no more natural selection of the species.
    No wonder there's so many Collingwood fans.

Regular in the Side
    From sportingpulse.com.au

SYDNEY SWANS 4.3, 7.7, 9.8, 12.8-80
    vs
    BELCONNEN MAGPIES 0.3, 3.8, 7.12, 8.15-63

Goal Kickers: Moore 4; Malceski 3; Schmidt 2; Campbell; Grundy; Potter 1
    Best Players: Malceski; Grundy; Campbell; Sunqvist; Moore; Willoughby

On the Rookie List
    Heath James and Powell also came off injured, and Guy Campbell seemed to have something wrong with his sternum at one stage.
    Malceski though was awesome, a quick rub of some "special" cream on to his groin area seemed to do the trick, and was highly entertaining for me.
    He broke through from half back at one stage to go all the way and score a super goal, total legend

Malceski = next swans legend...you heard it here first!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Fleurbie
    Heath James also came off injured
    Happens a bit, sadly.
    Originally posted by Fleurbie

Malceski broke through from half back at one stage to go all the way and score a super goal, total legend
    Did you notice who put in on his chest from 40m away with a bullet like pass to set him on his way?

How did the rookies go? Think any of them are a chance to be promoted come seasons end?

Veterans List
    Originally posted by william wallace
    How did the rookies go? Think any of them are a chance to be promoted come seasons end?
    Looks like Grundy booked himself a spot on the Senior List.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Here are the reports from the Canberra Times and sydneyswans.com.au with news on the injuries.

Interesting to note that Malceski is the reserves captain.

How did Dylan Addison go?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    We won by 17 points, not exactly a slaughter. Perhaps if the performance of Western Creek etal could be improved the ACTFL would be a good league for the Swans ressies to inhabit?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

The didn't lose a game all year. It's not a strong enough competition.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    Yet last year you couldn't make the finals.

Good game yesterday. Belconnen busted their asses all day but threw it away with their shots on goal. The mark that the umpires didn't pay 15 out from goal with 6 minutes to go didn't help either. All momentum stopped after that.

Would have been nice if the boys had at least looked like they were pleased to win though.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    As those Vic based AFL teams who had reserves playing VFL have shown us ?

I think that the players that have come into the team from the reserves this year, whether returning from injury or making their debut have looked OK.

When (if) the Swans return to normal attrition rates amongst the squad, the reserves will be weakened and we'll lose more games.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Originally posted by undy
    When (if) the Swans return to normal attrition rates amongst the squad, the reserves will be weakened and we'll lose more games.
    Here's hoping.

Warming the Bench
    just home from canberra,thought some of you might like my comments as an old coach of many minor league teams.
    firstly vogels was treating his "hip" injury by putting his ankle in ice?only a minor ankle sprain,but may not be available.mcveigh was a serious ankle injury,will be months before he trains hard.others playing injured were:james,malceski,campbell,willoughby but with rotations were able to get through.
    malceski and moore were worthy of being 1 & 2 on the ground.
    i was impressed with campbell,potter,quade,schmidt,twoomey and sunny.saddington was nowhere near fit and i wonder if he will ever recover.
    grundy has terrific hands,strong mark,but will have to lose weight,get fitter and find some speed over the ground to be a senior player.
    unremarkle efforts from powell,clarke,shaw,james and hayes.
    goodrem has the makings in about 3 years.schauble was effective but painfully slow mover,never see senior footy again.
    my tips for the future are CAMPBELL,MALCESKI,WILLOUGHBY,SCHMIDT,POTTER AND QUADE.
    a very hard game,credit to belconnen,for part-time players they tried really hard.contrary to some belief it is a solid comp.swans were lucky to have so many fulltime pros available all year.
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

good stuff gazza, what position does goodrem play? and what type of player can u compare him too?
    Roosy = LEGEND

Suspended by the MRP
    Originally posted by punter257
    what position does goodrem play?
    Irish Ho i believe

Senior Player
    Originally posted by gazza
    just home from canberra,thought some of you might like my comments as an old coach of many minor league teams.
    firstly vogels was treating his "hip" injury by putting his ankle in ice?only a minor ankle sprain,but may not be available.mcveigh was a serious ankle injury,will be months before he trains hard.others playing injured were:james,malceski,campbell,willoughby but with rotations were able to get through.
    malceski and moore were worthy of being 1 & 2 on the ground.
    i was impressed with campbell,potter,quade,schmidt,twoomey and sunny.saddington was nowhere near fit and i wonder if he will ever recover.
    grundy has terrific hands,strong mark,but will have to lose weight,get fitter and find some speed over the ground to be a senior player.
    unremarkle efforts from powell,clarke,shaw,james and hayes.
    goodrem has the makings in about 3 years.schauble was effective but painfully slow mover,never see senior footy again.
    my tips for the future are CAMPBELL,MALCESKI,WILLOUGHBY,SCHMIDT,POTTER AND QUADE.
    a very hard game,credit to belconnen,for part-time players they tried really hard.contrary to some belief it is a solid comp.swans were lucky to have so many fulltime pros available all year.
    Thanks for that report Gazza.

Schaubs will struggle to hold on next year - his body is stuffed and he started very young - 17 for his first senior game I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast