Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: Sydney v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    This is a real issue - especially compared to our bottom 6 of the 2012 Flag team. In last year's unmentionable game, it wasn't an issue as our Bottom 6 expanded to be a Bottom 22 - but quite clearly, the bottom of our 22 is weak. Compare that to Hawthorn - who seem to be able to lose half a dozen players and their depth is unaffected, and you can see why the rest of the comp is well behind them in terms of being able to put out a quality line up, week in, week out.
    The players we were forced to shed in order to get Buddy (and not that Buddy hasn�t been an outstanding acquisition) has seriously affected our depth. We no longer seem able to absorb a handful of injuries any more. When you look at that �bottom 6� they don�t stack up so well against Mumford, White, Membrey, Everitt for example, and even Jed Lamb who is struggling to get a run at GWS is at least the equal of B Jack or Towers in my estimation. For starters he can kick long and score goals.

It�s possibly too early in Robinson�s development and Nankervis' for that matter to carry much baggage for the current situation, though on limited appearances I�m not sensing they are matchwinners.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    The players we were forced to shed in order to get Buddy (and not that Buddy hasn�t been an outstanding acquisition) has seriously affected our depth.
    So is it better to have Buddy or a stronger bottom six?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So is it better to have Buddy or a stronger bottom six?
    Probably Buddy, but on the condition that no one gets injured.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    The players we were forced to shed in order to get Buddy (and not that Buddy hasn�t been an outstanding acquisition) has seriously affected our depth. We no longer seem able to absorb a handful of injuries any more. When you look at that �bottom 6� they don�t stack up so well against Mumford, White, Membrey, Everitt for example, and even Jed Lamb who is struggling to get a run at GWS is at least the equal of B Jack or Towers in my estimation. For starters he can kick long and score goals.

It�s possibly too early in Robinson�s development and Nankervis' for that matter to carry much baggage for the current situation, though on limited appearances I�m not sensing they are matchwinners.
    Everitt has been solid at Carlton. He'd play. As would Mumford. I doubt the others would assist us greatly.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

We dont play at finals intensity anymore.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We dont play at finals intensity anymore.
    Itensity wasn't the problem, it was our skills and gameplan.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Itensity wasn't the problem, it was our skills and gameplan.
    Yep. We won enough of the footy and generated enough chances to be in the game.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    My only comment is that I don't think the margin would have been as much at halftime if we had a fully fit mcglynn, rohan, Heeney, Pyke

If we weakened the Hawks by removing approx equivalent style players such poppa, Gunston, Breust, McEvoy then it would have been interesting

But we will never know

Either way the Hawks have put to the sword their two biggest contenders and if west coast continue to evolve they might be the only team to provide any resistance
    You should add Laidler to that list.
    Another thing I would like to question is the misconception that Tippett was injured in the last minutes of the game. I noticed the bandaging on his hand straight after half time and went back and checked the replay ( I know I'm a glutton for punishment!) to confirm he did the injury in the last four minutes of the second quarter in a ruck duel with McEvoy. He contested the ruck with only one hand and would only use one arm to go into marking contests for the rest of the game. The one time he tried to use the bad hand to fend off at a ruck duel he had to come off the ground again.

While I beleive we still would have lost the game, losing Bird and having a winged Tippett and a two gamer in Nankervis in the ruck made the loss even worse.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Tip's hand confirmed broken, apparently happened halfway through the second quarter. He'll miss 2-3 according to Horse. Bird will also miss a week.

NicNat is going to have a field day on the weekend.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    You should add Laidler to that list.
    Another thing I would like to question is the misconception that Tippett was injured in the last minutes of the game. I noticed the bandaging on his hand straight after half time and went back and checked the replay ( I know I'm a glutton for punishment!) to confirm he did the injury in the last four minutes of the second quarter in a ruck duel with McEvoy. He contested the ruck with only one hand and would only use one arm to go into marking contests for the rest of the game. The one time he tried to use the bad hand to fend off at a ruck duel he had to come off the ground again.

While I beleive we still would have lost the game, losing Bird and having a winged Tippett and a two gamer in Nankervis in the ruck made the loss even worse.
    While checking the replay, you didn't happen to tally up all the frees that Stevic gave to the Hawks, did you? I sort of want to, but I can't really bring myself to start up the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Tip's hand confirmed broken, apparently happened halfway through the second quarter. He'll miss 2-3 according to Horse. Bird will also miss a week.

NicNat is going to have a field day on the weekend.
    Surely we can go back to our old tactics in the ruck for 1 week - i.e. just concede it, and tell our midfielders to focus more on sharking the taps from Nic Nat than expecting our ruckmen to win it.

I hope this doesn't mean we are going to see Derricx rolled out again
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Teddy one week suspension.

Jetta $1000 fine for his bump on Breust

Parker also fined $1000 for rough conduct on Birchall.