Page 206 of 267 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,472 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, if Mumford does retire, I think that leaves them with Simpson as their main ruckman, with backup from Lobb, who's probably more of a forward and Patton, who's definitely more of a forward. And offhand, I'm not sure if they've any young project ruckmen. So under those circumstances, it would make sense if they made a play for Tippett.
    There�s talk they�ll go after Goldstein to replace Mummy. I can�t imagine an overpaid, underperforming 30 year old, who is struggling with injury, is a very appealing prospect to any side.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Strange one, considering:

1. He is a Sydney boy.
    2. He's received chances when fit.
    Hi Ugg,

I think he grew up in Melbourne and all his extended family are in Melbourne. I know he went back to melbourne for his HSC. His immediate family lives in Sydney but I think they are always travelling to Melbourne to see family and friends.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Hi Ugg,

I think he grew up in Melbourne and all his extended family are in Melbourne. I know he went back to melbourne for his HSC. His immediate family lives in Sydney but I think they are always travelling to Melbourne to see family and friends.
    Thanks barra, wasn't aware of the specifics. I have a friend (who knows nothing about AFL) whose daughter plays basketball with of Dan's sister(s), once remarked to me that they are a very talented sporting family.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There�s talk they�ll go after Goldstein to replace Mummy. I can�t imagine an overpaid, underperforming 30 year old, who is struggling with injury, is a very appealing prospect to any side.
    Are you talking about Tippo or Goldstein or both?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Are you talking about Tippo or Goldstein or both?
    LOL I was thinking exactly the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, if Mumford does retire, I think that leaves them with Simpson as their main ruckman, with backup from Lobb, who's probably more of a forward and Patton, who's definitely more of a forward. And offhand, I'm not sure if they've any young project ruckmen. So under those circumstances, it would make sense if they made a play for Tippett.
    Not likely now after his ankle reconstruction. I think we are stuck with him.

Todd Goldstein is only 29, but I wouldn't imagine he's that appealing either. See that Tippo is "not going anywhere" according to his manager.

Veteran Swan suffers serious injury blow - AFL.com.au

The 30-year-old is contracted until the end of 2020, and despite speculation he might move clubs, his manager Peter Blucher told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday afternoon that Tippett would be staying put.

"He won't be moving anywhere, for sure. As of about six minutes time, I think he's having an ankle reconstruction. That's going to put him out for a few months," Blucher said.

Trade Talk - AFL.com.au

"He won't be moving anywhere, he's having an ankle reconstruction in about six minutes," Blucher told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday.

"You'd only do that if you were going to keep playing footy.

"He'll be at the Swans [next year]."

Veterans List
    Given the above article link (first one), all speculation on the immediate futures of Tippett and Allir can now cease...........and about time!

On the Rookie List
    Out of all the names bandied around for all clubs in trade week, I think a fit and healthy Tippett would offer our team the most improvement.
    But, why, given the season finished a month ago, would he be having an ankle reconstruction now...surely this should have happened the moment our season was done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Out of all the names bandied around for all clubs in trade week, I think a fit and healthy Tippett would offer our team the most improvement.
    But, why, given the season finished a month ago, would he be having an ankle reconstruction now...surely this should have happened the moment our season was done!
    Could have been getting other things fixed up and needed to wait for them to stabilise before the ankle.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Could have been getting other things fixed up and needed to wait for them to stabilise before the ankle.
    Also a bit rough to ask him to forgo his holiday period by going straight into a rehab program!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Also a bit rough to ask him to forgo his holiday period by going straight into a rehab program!
    If you're a professional footballer it's what you do to get yourself ready for the preseason. But may be reasons why it's now.