2027 List Management

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SwanSand
    Regular in the Side
    • Aug 2020
    • 648

    #121
    5 year contract, All Australian, top 10 player in the league, 26 years of age in prime. We could argue that he is as important as any Key forward in the game that is played predominantly off half back nowadays. Ain’t going to happen without a 3 first rounders.

    Do not negotiate is the key. But at what cost is the question.
    Warner, Blakey and Jordan will probably all be gone by the time we are here next year irrespective of the Blakey situation this year.

    The question I have is what’s made him this vile. I mean this behaviour is as bad as it can be. Maybe he had pointed out issues at the club to the authorities and nothing was done or maybe his mates were traded which he did not enjoy. Doesn’t matter as he was in the room which resulted in the club being Splashed across first page of every newspaper.

    I think it is prudent for us to look after the club and ask for appropriate price 3 first rounders.

    Comment

    • Auntie.Gerald
      Veterans List
      • Oct 2009
      • 6642

      #122
      I suspect $11m for 8yrs and hang with family in
      melbourne has been slightly tempting

      and escape the furnace that he and his partner might be able to move on

      i dont think we can underestimate how much partners might be like “I really don’t want to show up weekly to peoples pre conceptions and or thoughts about us”

      that is real and has a heavy weighting to social gatherings

      i think we all know partners will be very uncomfortable when social environments are uncomfortable

      it’s real

      and it will have an impact on future decisions by the 5

      not mention Bice being removed from the 5 makes it look very suspicious for the remaining 4…… which Blakey might be seriously filthy about if innocent
      Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; Yesterday, 04:59 PM.
      "be tough, only when it gets tough"

      Comment

      • Kafka's Ghost
        Regular in the Side
        • Sep 2017
        • 993

        #123
        Originally posted by Auntie.Gerald
        I suspect $11m for 8yrs and hang with family in
        melbourne has been slightly tempting

        and escape the furnace that he and his partner might be able to move on

        i dont think we can underestimate how much partners might be like “I really don’t want to show up weekly to peoples pre conceptions and or thoughts about us”

        that is real and has a heavy weighting to social gatherings

        i think we all know partners will be very uncomfortable when social environments are uncomfortable

        it’s real

        and it will have an impact on future decisions by the 5

        not mention Bice being removed from the 5 makes it look very suspicious for the remaining 4…… which Blakey might be seriously filthy about if innocent
        He might be filthy about it, but it’s a police decision to keep him under investigation, not the club. He sooked it up big time in the 2024 GF, and sounds like that’s his default MO.

        Comment

        • Auntie.Gerald
          Veterans List
          • Oct 2009
          • 6642

          #124
          Isn’t that the puzzle right now?

          why would North Melbourne table such a strong offer unless they had legal advice / intel that confirmed Blakey will play round 1 , 2027 ?

          $11m for 8 years ?

          north must be very confident in their due diligence
          "be tough, only when it gets tough"

          Comment

          • Dow
            Senior Player
            • Sep 2022
            • 1182

            #125
            Originally posted by Auntie.Gerald
            I suspect $11m for 8yrs and hang with family in
            melbourne has been slightly tempting

            and escape the furnace that he and his partner might be able to move on

            i dont think we can underestimate how much partners might be like “I really don’t want to show up weekly to peoples pre conceptions and or thoughts about us”

            that is real and has a heavy weighting to social gatherings

            i think we all know partners will be very uncomfortable when social environments are uncomfortable

            it’s real

            and it will have an impact on future decisions by the 5

            not mention Bice being removed from the 5 makes it look very suspicious for the remaining 4…… which Blakey might be seriously filthy about if innocent
            No point playing out scenarios in your head, none of us will ever know, for me I’d hold him to the contract I have little interest in trading him, there is not a scenario we really win in a trade, so I’d force him to stay he made a commitment and he can be strong enough to see it through

            Comment

            • stevoswan
              Veterans List
              • Sep 2014
              • 8869

              #126
              Originally posted by UUaswan

              have a look at the other thread

              Nothing has changed as far as police investigation and Blakey has a 12Mil conyract at him

              How TF was I wrong
              I knew you would deflect and gaslight in your attempt at a defence.

              My reply to you was in regard to Longmire leaving.....did you even see my 'quote'? Care to comment on my reply accurately now?
              Last edited by stevoswan; Yesterday, 07:28 PM.

              Comment

              • stevoswan
                Veterans List
                • Sep 2014
                • 8869

                #127
                Originally posted by Auntie.Gerald
                I suspect $11m for 8yrs and hang with family in
                melbourne has been slightly tempting

                and escape the furnace that he and his partner might be able to move on

                i dont think we can underestimate how much partners might be like “I really don’t want to show up weekly to peoples pre conceptions and or thoughts about us”

                that is real and has a heavy weighting to social gatherings

                i think we all know partners will be very uncomfortable when social environments are uncomfortable

                it’s real


                and it will have an impact on future decisions by the 5

                not mention Bice being removed from the 5 makes it look very suspicious for the remaining 4…… which Blakey might be seriously filthy about if innocent
                I'm confused. So Melbourne is not a 'furnace'? Why would social situations in Melbourne be any different for Nic and his partner? People aren't living under rocks down there.

                Comment

                • Auntie.Gerald
                  Veterans List
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 6642

                  #128
                  Mate isn’t the once or twice per week catch ups with players and partners at club events that might the most difficult to navigate for his partner?

                  For Nick it will not matter which city vs what his partner might be experiencing

                  but who knows

                  not me
                  "be tough, only when it gets tough"

                  Comment

                  Working...